The winter season is upon us, and with it comes a whole new set of pests, and these pests want to come inside. Like many Canadian homeowners, you may think that winter is not the time of year to deal with pests, but the fact is that winter pest control is an important part of a safe home and maintaining good health.
Winter pest management services provide home protection plans. This is all based on science and involves effective measures to protect ourselves.
The more prone your home is to pests during the warmer seasons, the more pests you’ll find inside during the winter months. It is important to keep your pest control services going throughout those winter months.
Winter pest control services focus on home interiors, inspecting any changes they can find since their last visit, new openings and access points, or checking abatement equipment that they had put in place. Each home is different, and so our pest control specialists are trained to look for signs that are unique to your home. Any openings they notice are immediately sealed, and any signs of internal activity are identified.
Tips for Keeping Your Home Safe from Intruding Pests
- Secure all screens and vents to areas like chimneys and attics, and make sure all crawl spaces and basements are well-ventilated and dry.
- All doors should include door sweeps, and all window screens should not have any holes.
- Special attention should be given to leaking pipes, clogged drains, or any other sources of moisture. Any room, like a kitchen or bathroom, can be particularly attractive to cockroaches.
- Rodents occupy areas of clutter. Keep storage areas well organized and boxes off the floor.
- Keep wood piles away from your home. It is easy for mice and ants to access your home if the pile is near.
- Mortar and weather stripping should be secured.
- Any cracks and holes outside your home should be sealed, and check any utility pipes entering your home. Any hole the size of a dime is an access point.
Common Winter Pests
There is a new set of pests during the winter, and they’re looking for a way into your home for warmth. These aren’t the insects from summer, like bees, mosquitos, or flies, etc. These are cockroaches, spiders, and mice or rats, that prefer certain areas inside our homes during the cold winter months.
Preventative measures are very necessary in this case because the consequences are more serious than you might imagine. Cockroaches cause asthma and other allergic reactions, a spider’s bite can have serious side effects, and mice, rats, and other rodents can carry diseases like Salmonella and Hantavirus.
As much as we appreciate nature, there are a lot of hazards for humans if we don’t protect ourselves. There are a number of simple steps you can do to prevent winter pests from entering your home.
Seaside Pest Control Keeps You Safe from Pests During the Winter
Seaside Pest Control understands that dealing with pests can be complicated, especially during the winter. Winter requires that we shift our attention indoors. The certified and knowledgeable technicians at Seaside Pest Control make sure to use the safest, eco-friendly methods. The health and safety of you, your family, and your clients are our top priority.
We know this neck of the woods well. Seaside Pest Control is a locally owned company with 15 years of experience, an expert team, competitive rates, quick responses, and eco-friendly products and methodologies.
Seaside Pest Control
Seaside Pest Control is a specialist in this field and can quickly provide an effective plan to rid your home of unwanted visitors this winter.
We are the local pest control provider in Vancouver; we also serve Abbotsford, Aldergrove, Burnaby, Chilliwack, Cloverdale, Coquitlam, Delta, Ladner, Langley, Maple Ridge, Mission, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, Tsawwassen, West Vancouver, and White Rock. If you’re dealing with pests, we can take care of them for you. So don’t wait – call us!